The Festival is a non-profit event. No entry fee is required.
||51 - 180 minutes
||3 - 150 minutes
||3 - 50 minutes
||1 - 150 minutes
||1 - 30 minutes
The STEPS International Rights Film Festival program is composed of three sections:
Films In Competition: dedicated to recognizing a film director's contribution to the motion picture industry. Selection also depends on the coverage of the topic of rights protection in the film.
Special Screenings: films in this section also cover the topic of rights protection but have not been chosen to participate in the Films In Competition section.
Retrospective: films made before 2000.
The selection committee will meet to decide which films will be shown at the Festival. Selection decisions are final and need not be justified. The selection committee will decide in which section the work will be presented.
The selection will proceed on the basis of the following criteria:
� Relevance of the work to the topic of STEPS film festival;
� Overall quality and coherence of the work;
� Originality and quality of the script;
� Quality of the film direction;
� Technical quality of the work.
All the applicants will be contacted provided that the submission form is filled out and the correct e-mail address is stated there.
September 15, 2014.
The DVD must be sent by mail to the following address:
P.O. Box 9312
Shipping costs are borne by the sender. The festival is not responsible for damage or loss of films; applcants are therefore advised not to send originals. The films sent from abroad by courier or airmail must be marked: �FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY. NO COMMERCIAL VALUE�. DVD copies are not returned and go to festival archive after the screenings.
1) Copy of the film. Formats accepted: DVD, miniDV, DVcam or HDcam. Please don�t send originals. The DVD copy should be clearly marked with the film title, country and year of production, running time, director's name;
2) Films are accepted in Russian, Ukrainian and English. If the original language of the film is other than English, English subtitles are required;
3) Dialogue list or script IN ENGLISH;
4) Press-kit: director's photo, filmography, biography, film stills, synopsis, cast, trailer if available.
1) all the applicants will be informed of the decision of the selection committee no later than a month before the festival;
2) if your film is selected, you will be asked to send additional materials for promotional purposes: trailers for the press and the jury, film stills and posters;
3) the festival reserves the right to use excerpts from the selected films of up to three minutes to be broadcast on national or international TV for promotional purposes;
4) all the selected films will be listed in the festival booklets, posters and other promotional materials. Please inform us of the changes in your contact details, film premiere status, etc if any;
5) the awarded films and some selected films will be included into the Echo Program of the festival (Festival Tour);
6) the awarded films are welcome to use the festival logo. The logo will be provided after the festival;
7) there are no restrictions on the country origin.
Everyone is welcome to attend the festival.
We kindly ask directors, producers, scriptwriters, actors of the selected films to inform us in advance of the possibility of attending the festival.